Core Beliefs / Values
- We believe there is only one true and living God and that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s holy, infallible, marvelous, and complete revelation to man (2 Peter 1:3).
- We believe that Christ lived, died, and rose again on the third day just as the Scripture attests.
- We believe Christ founded the Church over which He is head.
- We believe that God wants his Church to serve, teach, share with and love all people.
- We believe that everyone "born again of the water and the Spirit" (John 3:5) has been "baptized by one Spirit into one body" (1 Corinthians 12:13) and added to that body by God "just as he wanted them to be" (1 Corinthians 12:18).
- We meet on the first day of the week to worship God as a body with communion, giving back to God according to the blessings he has given to us, prayer, singing without instrumental accompaniment, reading God’s word from His Holy Scripture, and hearing God’s word proclaimed in preaching.
- It is God’s will that we love Him (Deut 6:4), love one another (Lev 19:18), and love others as Christ loved (John 13:34). For it is by our love, that people will know that we are Christians (John 13:35).
- It is our goal at Gateway to help each
individual and the whole congregation to CONNECT with God, our fellow Christians, and our community, to GROW spiritually and numerically, and to SERVE God, our congregation, and our community.
November 21, 2010