Our Vision is for Gateway to be:
"A warm, joyful, diverse community that loves God and Christ, loves and accepts one another and is dedicated to reaching out to bring others to Christ."
"Gateway exists to Love God and love others to bring them into a growing relationship with Christ."
Our Core Values:
- We believe there is only one true and living God and that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s holy, infallible, marvelous, and complete revelation to man (2 Peter 1:3).
- We believe that Christ lived, died, and rose again on the third day just as the Scripture attests.
- We believe Christ founded the Church over which He is head.
- We believe that God wants his Church to serve, teach, share with and love all people.
- We believe that everyone "born again of the water and the Spirit" (John 3:5) has been "baptized by one Spirit into one body" (1 Corinthians 12:13) and added to that body by God "just as he wanted them to be" (1 Corinthians 12:18).
- We meet on the first day of the week to worship God as a body with communion, giving back to God according to the blessings he has given to us, prayer, singing, reading God’s word from His Holy Scripture, and hearing God’s word proclaimed in preaching.
- It is God’s will that we love Him (Deut 6:4), love one another (Lev 19:18), and love others as Christ loved (John 13:34). For it is by our love, that people will know that we are Christians (John 13:35).
- It is our goal at Gateway to help each individual and the whole congregation to Experience God, Interact with our fellow Christians, and our community, to Go Deeper spiritually by serving God, our congregation, and our community.
What to Expect at Gateway:
At Gateway you will discover down to earth people dedicated to following our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. From the moment you walk up to the building you can expect…
A WARM GREETING – A heartfelt greeting is part of what makes a church a church. No matter what question you might have, just ask. Our greeters are there to help you get settled and feel at home.
JOY – A casual atmosphere where friendships can form and relationships deepen. A place that is serious about joy, true joy, the kind of joy that comes from real connections with God and others.
CONVERSATION – Expect to be noticed. Expect people to say something like, “Hi, we haven’t met before, is this your first time?”. Expect for people to reach out to you in love.
WORSHIP – We love to worship and sing praises to our God. We do that through a blend of traditional hymns and more contemporary praise songs.
TRUTH – The Bible tells us to speak the truth in love. The Bible is God’s truth. At Gateway we seek to explore, understand and apply God’s truth to our lives at every level in a spirit of love. You will find a growing variety of resources to help you grow in God’s truth.